Work for social change through the United Church of Christ Justice Leadership Program in Seattle from September 2, 2014 – August 2, 2015. The Justice Leadership Program is part of the United Church of Christ (UCC) Young Adult Service Communities, and is supported by both the UCC nationally and the Pacific Northwest Conference regionally.
Priority Application deadline: December 15, 2013
General Application deadline: February 15, 2014
For Justice Leadership Program, specify Seattle as your first choice.
The Justice Leadership Program engages young adults (ages 21‐35) in eleven months of faith‐based service, justice advocacy, and leadership development.
- Intern with a non‐profit dedicated to social, economic, and/or environmental justice* (32 hours/week)
- Serve within a United Church of Christ congregation (5 hours/week)
- Live in a simple intentional community in Seattle’s lively Capitol Hill neighborhood
- Grow through mentoring, vocational exploration, and reflection on faith and justice in the context of progressive Christianity
- Receive a monthly living stipend of $440, health insurance, and housing
* 2013‐2014 partner agencies include: Church Council of Greater Seattle, Earth Ministry, and the Washington Low Income Housing Alliance.
For more information on the Justice Leadership Program, please contact:
Kathryn Murdock, JLP Outreach Organizer
Elizabeth Dickinson, JLP Program Manager